If you’re old enough, you’ll be lucky enough to remember, the late, great, GRIDDLES. The crown of Strand Street in the 1990’s.
So many happy memories for me and for the Mongoose team. Birthday parties, first trips to town. The weird pictures on the wall and those tin foil ashtrays.
In my eyes, Griddles was home to the first Hipster burger. While the rest of the Western world were flocking to line the pockets of the corporate giants.
Griddles stood firm, doing its own thing (well, sort of).
In homage to our nation’s favourite ‘fast food joint’, we’ve recreated the Griddles signature dish. The one, the only, BIG GRID.
Watch the video and follow the simple recipe to relive the glory days, and don’t forget to shop local kids!
- Grill 2 Ballakelly Farm premium burgers for 6-8 minutes on each side
- Take a Ramsey Bakery large baps and slice into 3
- When burgers are done place 2 slices of Isle of Man Creamery mild cheddar on each burger and grill for a further minute until melted
- On the bottom bun spread 2 teaspoons of tomato sauce mixed with 1 teaspoon of American mustard
- Sprinkle with chopped Bry Rad onions
- Top with one burger
- Place the middle piece of bap on top of burger
- Then top with another Ballakelly burger, then lettuce, Bry Rad tomato and gherkin
- Spread 2 teaspoons of mayo on the last piece of bap and top off the burger