The Isle of Man loses its shit on a snow day.
After all of the excitement and build up, people don’t actually know what to do. We come to a standstill (apart from the hero’s at Maccies).
Imagine having a wedding on a snow day in the Isle of Man.
For Ben & Rebecca Walker shit got real, they had a legitimate snowy wedding in the Isle of Man in December 2010.
It was breathtakingly beautiful and it brought out the best of the Isle of Man. People, spirit and scenery.
Here’s how their day went…
1. When they realised ‘It was gonna stick’ the bride’s brother in law called all his DOI contacts at 6am to get the road gritted!
2. The reception venue tried cancelling, as they didn’t have enough staff. But bridesmaid Katie kicked off and told them otherwise!
3. Bridesmaid Anna lied to the Bride about the state of the roads. She claimed the police said they were all fine to travel when in fact they’d told her there was no way of getting to Douglas (They made it safely)
4. The ladies booked to do the hair and makeup walked to the bride’s house! Bless them.
5. There were farmers helping clear the roads up to Bride church, and the bridal party were rescued by the Father-in-law in his Range Rover as the wedding cars couldn’t make it
6. When they made it to the church they were greeted by a Vicar wearing wellies!
7. On the way to the reception a wedding guest was nearly arrested for being on closed roads.
8. A random passer by helped the Bride out of car at the Sefton Hotel and helped her inside to make sure the dress stayed clean and out of the slush.
9. Civil defence delivered their wedding cake to the Sefton Hotel after a shoutout on the radio.
10. The band had to dig out their instruments.
11. The day finished with a grown man (who shall not be named) robbing a kids garden toy and sledging down Crellins hill at 5 in the morning…