How amazing has the weather been lately? And it’s only right that the sun will be shining on the #GemOfGodsEarth on our National Day!
I know, I know there’s NOTHING more Manx than Chips, Cheese & Gravy, but if you want to mix it up a bit, why not try making a very MANX feast to celebrate Tynwald Day 2018?!
All you need to do is pop to Robinson’s to get all the ingredients listed below, and you’ll be as Manx as the Hills, yessir!
It’s where it all happens, and what’s better than actually being at the hill where the laws are passed? EATING IT! Yep! Here it is, Tynwald Hill, made into a tasty green feast, topped with a tasty roasted red pepper hummus. Super easy!!
- A glass
- A plate
- A Manx flag
- 4 heads broccoli
- 6 green peppers
- 1 yellow pepper
- Bag of mange tout
- Tin chick peas
- Jar of chargrilled red peppers
- 1 tsp garlic purée
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Take a glass, place it upside down in the middle of a plate, sellotape a flag to the side and get piling!
- Chop 4 heads on broccoli and place around the bottom of the plate
- Next add sliced green pepper, cut shorter than the broccoli to get the different levels of the hill.
- Make the top level out of mange tout.
- Add the chick peas, 2 chargrilled red peppers, garlic, tomato purée, lemon, cumin, paprika, olive oil and tahini to a food processor and whizz until smooth.
- Add some to a small dish and place on top of the glass and make a 3 legs on the top.
Got yourself an edible Tynwald Hill there fella!
Frying pan Manx flag pizza
Pizza base made with local Laxey flour, local rapeseed oil and local water – that’s it!!
Topped with Manx cheese and some tomatoes and yellow pepper – easy peasy lemon squeezy, healthy and Manx AF
You need –
- 250g wholemeal Laxey flour
- 2 tbsp Ellerslie rapeseed oil, plus a little extra to oil the pan
- 5-8 tbsp water
- Tomato puree
- Baby tomatoes
- Yellow pepper
- In a bowl add the flour and oil and 4 tbsp of water and make a dough. Add more water until a dough is formed. Roll into a bowl and then roll out into a circle
- Line a frying pan with oil and place the pizza base in on a medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side (until slightly browned)
- When cooked cover with tomato purée and then cheese. Make a 3 legs out of the yellow pepper, then cover the rest of the cheese with sliced mini tomatoes.
- Grill for 5 mins until the cheese is melted and the veggies are soft
Red and Yellow Manx flag fruit skewers
Pineapple and strawberries to match the yellow and red of our beautiful national flag!
It’s as easy as this…chop the pineapple and strawberries and push onto the Manx flags. Voila! I got mine from the Tide in Ramsey.
Need something to wash it all down? Nothing fresher than this raspberry lemonade. Red and yellow again, to match our flag and sweetened with scrummy Manx honey.
You need –
- 1 punnet of fresh raspberries
- 6 lemons
- 1 tbsp Manx honey
- 1 bottle sparkling water
- Cut the ends off 4 of the lemons and cut the rest of the peel off, just leaving the flesh.
- Add the flesh of the lemons to a food processor with 1/2 the raspberries and the honey.
- Whizz until smooth
- Strain the mixture through a sieve, and add to a jug with ice, the 2 remaining lemons sliced and the rest of the raspberries. Top up with the sparkling water and serve!
Have a great Tynwald day guys!!